
So I'm feeling a little deflated lately, and today was the icing on the cake. Emma was finally going to have tubes put in her ears (hooray)!!! We have been waiting two weeks for this and we're anxious to help her feel better. Bright and early I have both my kids down to the surgical center so my mother-in-law can take Trevor while I stay with Emma. I requested a night off work since I knew I'd have to be there early. Everything is going great- all checked in, gown on, vitals checked, anesthetic guy prepped and waiting, now just waiting for the doctor....... and waiting, and waiting.
Finally some lady with a surgical cap comes in and with a laugh announces " Dr. ______ won't be in today, he decided to take a flight last night to Boston to run the Boston Marathon." Me and another mom sitting there just stare at her. WHAT????? That's right. The dr. and his office failed to notice he had 7 surgeries scheduled for today. I honestly didn't know what to say, and still don't know what to say to them. I actually started crying once she left (when I'm really angry I can't yell, I cry). So, change E back out of her robe, take off all our id bracelets, take off the monitors and pack up and go home. I'm so angry, I truly don't know what to say to this office. The surgical center felt awful and it's no fault of theirs but they gave us gift certificates. Grrrrrr- what would you do? I would consider going to another ENT dr. but he is the only one in this area our insurance will accept, and we've already waited so long for this surgery.
So, I may be a bit emotional for a few days, but hopefully by next week things will be a little better. Seriously, what would you say?
7 comments:
That is un-excusable! I would furious! Make sure you let that dr know what he put you through.
I'm so sorry! I have had a few very unpleasant experiences with dr's offices lately too. Man!
I can't believe that! I'm blown away! I wouldn't know what to say either, but that is one of the most inconsiderate things that I have ever heard. I think that since doctors do so many surgeries, they can easily forget what a big deal they are to each patient (and patient's mother). I'm so sorry that happened to you and hopefully you will be able to get the tubes in soon!
I would be ticked beyond belief! I couldn't believe it when mom told me what happened. If I didn't have a choice and had to go to him - I'd expect a big something in return. Do you have a deductible? He should not make you pay a dime for his stupid mistake. Poor E!!
That is so frustrating, I got upset just reading about it! Especially when you go to so much work to get your kids taken care of and you have to take work off. So so frustrating! I don't know what I would do either...
Oh Rach!! I'm so sorry. What a sad, sad day! I cry when I'm angry too. Poor Emma.
I don't cry when I am angry. I think we should string the dr up. Anyone with me?
(not Rachael)
Rachael I'm on the phone with my mom right now and she says "I hope that all Dr. ______'s ten toe nails fall off in the Boston marathon, that he will suffer from severe calf cramping, dehydration, and that he will get lost and not find his way to the finish line. I have had three babies who have needed tubes and in each instance the doctors have used their best judgment to show up. He may be the only one on your insurance but we know you won't refer him to anyone in Utah county. When you do set up Emma's appointment again, maybe suggest that Dr._____ calls you when he's ready and waiting in his scrubs for YOU! What was the gift card for anyway? A sonic car wash or a ten day Caribbean cruise?"
Apparently she doesn't cry when she gets angry either.
Post a Comment