Sunday, June 15, 2008

Nelson's Anatomy

Alright, no I am not showing our body parts, but there is a famous show with a similar name where thousands of people watch and the actors make millions. I was just hoping the same might happen here.


Several of you have asked what my new job is, so here's the scoop. I am now a sleep techician. Two or three nights a week I work at a sleep lab (Provo or Lehi). We have several patients that come in, and we hook them up to about 25 different wires that are monitoring their brain activity, heart, and oxygen. Then throughout the night we watch to see if they have certain sleeping events that might be causing sleep disorders. It's eventually going to be a fairly easy job, but I am still trying to learn a lot of information. The nice thing is that I only have to work a few nights a week, and I have a lot more time to be home with my family. Plus, I get to wear scrubs, which I also LOVE. So far it has been great, although the day after I'm a little groggy! So, if you snore a lot, or never wake up feeling really rested, come on in and have a sleep study. I promise I won't torture you too much!

2 comments:

Hannah Jones said...

I won't name any names, but somebody in my family whose name starts with "L" and ends with "ee" might need to spend the night with you. I mean... at your clinic.

JnR said...

I so want to sign my husband up, I swear he has sleep apnea, we will be talking I really want him to take the test, he got the dr. to say he needed one but the insurance didn't cover that clinic, that was over a year ago! maybe longer!!!!

Scrubs are fun! hope you get more settled into your job!