Scott and I have been absolutely baffled at how much T is growing and learning. He honestly appears to be getting taller as you watch him. He is becoming such a great reader, and you can tell he is really turning into a boy. Makes me sad he's not my little boy anymore, but my boy. As he goes about his day soaking in everything you can almost see the little wheels turning in his head and processing all he experiences. Here are a few examples of what our days have become:
Scene: We're watching the Andy Griffith show, and T is unusually quiet while watching the whole thing
T: Mom, why in those days was it always Sunday?
Mom: It wasn't always Sunday, what makes you think it was always Sunday?
T: Because the dad's have suits and ties on, and the moms always have dresses on
Mom: That's because a long time ago that's just what they wore everyday.
T: Why did they only wear gray clothes and their skin was gray all day every day? (because it was in black and white)
Mom: At this point how do you describe the history of color tv? So I just explained that camera's weren't very good back then and that's just how the camera made their clothes look. I'm thinking he still believes their clothes and faces were gray all the time.
Scene 2
We're out shopping and at the end of our transaction the cashier says, "Thanks, have a good one." Not much was said until we're in the car driving away and T says,
T: Mom, what did she want you to have a good one of?
Mom: What????
T: The lady said to have a good one. A good one what?
Mom: That's just a funny way people sometimes say to have a good day.
T: oh...... long silence. Then with the funniest look on his face like he felt he was being so sly he says, "Mom, hope you have a good one!" then winked at me!
These have made for a lot of fun conversations where I feel like I'm having a normal conversation with my child. I guess I should enjoy them before they get more scary! Love you T!
3 comments:
Too cute!
It's crazy how quickly they're growing! I love it! T is such a tender kid I love him!
Cute stories!!!
I love that he winked at you while saying "have a good one".
Post a Comment