Our night started out being taken to Famous Daves for great food. We were then surprised with a limo to take us to the concert. Wahoo- never been in one! It was such a fun experience because we were running late, yet somehow our driver put the pedal to the metal and got us there with all of us in the back seat laughing. The faces on other cars' were soo funny. Especially when we pulled into the arena. I really don't think Tim McGraw would pull up right up to the front door 10 minutes before pre-show but a few people were upset we weren't him!
We then got to go to the acoustic pre-show in a private tent. It was about 500 degrees, but was catered, and really, who can complain? He sounded incredible, and even forgot the words to one of his songs. Never heard of that before! He then answered a few questions and then left to get ready for show time. Scott and I ended up on row 6- so awesome! Lady A was so great and really fun to listen to. Then for the main event!
Tim and his band sounded so great live! All of the musicians were amazing, and Tim has a fun sense of humor. Later in the show I got to go up to the stage and just stared in amazement. He then came and sat on the edge of the stage. I got to hold his hand, then rub his knee later. (Do NOT ask Scott for a detailed description- he makes it sound much worse!) It was an incredible night I never would have imagined. Scott enjoyed the show too and was a good sport about all my excitement. It was such a highlight of the summer, and now my kids can sing two of his songs, southern twang included!
Our surprise limo!!

Inside the limo. I've never been in one before! It was soo fun to watch other cars' faces as we drove by and then pulled up into the ampitheater!

The acoustic performace before the show! Outback catered food. Tim actually forgot the words to one of his songs. After a few songs had a Q & A period.


Lady Antebellum



Not a flattering picture, it was sooo hot. But I don't think I could quite hide my excitement!!!



My favorite picture- a close up! This was just before he sat down and I got to rub his knee and hold his hand again....sigh

3 comments:
AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh! gasp AAAAaAaaaaaaahhhhhh! {that's me screaming like a little girl} That's so cool! And that looks like a genuinely happy smile on Scottys face. Yours too of course.
Hey Rachel! This is Lisa McCarroll, I have some news to share with you but didn't have an updated email address. It looks like you are staying pretty busy and having a lot of fun. I cannot believe how big your kiddos are getting. I'm getting married in December and wanted to send you an announcement and update you on life! Please email me at lisamccarroll@hotmail.com Can't wait to hear from you! Hope all is going well!
"Rubbing his knee" is not near descriptive enough. She was fondling, no question about it.
Post a Comment