Monday, February 18, 2008

Childhood

Who needs expensive toys and electronics when all the fun you need is in an empty box??? For a recent play group activity we made "cars" out of boxes, then went and watched the movie Cars at the church building "drive in." Although this wasn't our actual suburban we made- we did need a 2 seater after all, I let them play in some spare boxes laying around. The boxes are still providing tons of fun. One minute they're a car, the next minute it's Trevor's riding lawn mower.

Did you ever play in huge boxes growing up? I remember playing in our neighbor's front yard in dishwasher or fridge boxes, and they kept us busy for hours. Now, so the play group rumor has it, fridge's don't even come in boxes anymore!!! They are depriving all children of great imagination time! Anyways, I thought T and E's faces were so cute popping out of the box.





1 comment:

Hannah Jones said...

Their faces ARE cute! And I love E's ponytail. It's so cute!