Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A First in Many Ways

Today was a first for our family in many ways. Today was the first day of preschool! So begins the next 15+ years of school. It's the first time sending my baby off to school, the first time being on a school schedule, first time Emma is on her own, but certainly not the last time I'm sure I'll be weepy sending my child off to school. Trevor has been so excited to finally go to school. (I haven't told him yet he doesn't get to ride a bus until jr. high)
He had an open house last week where he actually met Mrs. Sandy, tested out the toys, checked out the classroom, etc. He honestly thinks preschool is a 3 hour playground fest! I was actually more teary eyed during the open house when I saw where he'd be and what was actually going to happen in 4 days. But, today I did great, he did even better!
We got his clothes (undies and socks included) ready last night, the backpack waiting by the door, and Trevor was up and ready looong before it was time to head to school. But, when the time came he marched right up to his teacher and was ready to learn. A lot of the other kids were crying but he marched right up the stairs. I am excited to see what this year brings and how Trevor grows and changes. We love you Trevor and are so proud of you! Now excuse me while I go find a tissue! :)

First day of preschool- 2008!!!
A backpack shot
the classroom
the playroom

Trevor & Mrs. Sandy- she must be an angel to enjoy 16 preschoolers 8 hours a day!


3 comments:

Hannah Jones said...

awww... what a cute post! Congrats to you all for a great first day of preschool! I hope it's a great year!!!

guenhwyvar132 aka Jenn said...

His backpack is super cute and he looks so excited and proud to be going to preschool. I'm sure I will cry a lot when mine heads off to the world of school.

Jessie said...

Congrats Trevor!