Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Nelson Reunion 2008

A few weeks ago we headed to the mounains for our annual Nelson Family Reunion. We always have great food, lots of fun, and a ton of laughs. I don't think I laugh that hard very often (except playing Balderdash as some of you know). I am very lucky to have married into in-laws I really enjoy spending time with. Plus it's the one time we break out our camping stuff, although we wish we went a lot more often. Thanks Gary and Aubrey for the great planning, we had a great time. Paula, we look forward to your planning next year!!!! (I know, I know, it's our turn...)

One of my most favorite parts of camping. Go on, take a stab- whose famous pants and socks are off to the left?

This was our beautiful scenery. Imagine this in surround sound

Scott attempted to go fishing. This is Trevor "helping" get the gear ready


Our luxury outdoor suite. P.S. Emma is NOT a great traveler


Nikki did a great job keeping all of us busy with tye dye shirts

The infamous saw dust swim where gma and gpa put money in and everyone digs for money they can use to buy items later. Here..... yes, grown men digging for coins. Who knows, maybe there's a free truck in there somewhere. Keep looking!

Yes, Emma has put her mom to work digging while she pockets the rewards. What we do for our kids!

4 comments:

♥ kimberly said...

That looks like fun! Where did you go? Remember when I went with you guys? That was a really fun trip, except for the LONG car rides!

Hannah Jones said...

Surely I'm not the only one who noticed that Scott has a rifle leaning against his chestacle, right?! What the HECK?!!
I love Trevor's hat. And it looks like Emma's hair held up well, but yours must have fallen out. Bummer. I need to work on my french braid skills.
(I'm really good with a bowstaff though)

Teri's Life said...

Too bad you didn't have a picture of dad from several years ago!

SS Nelson said...

I noticed you hinted about your favorite part of the reunion. That isn't you trying to go back to the past is it?

That was a very fun weekend. And the surround sound you mentioned would have a lot of kids in the back ground, unless you woke up way early, then it would have been some heavy snoring from somewhere in that camp. I know it wasn't my part of camp. I woke up three times and heard nothing.
Sam