Tuesday, January 27, 2009

High Ho, High Ho......It's back to work he goes!


Today was Scott's first day back at work! After almost 5 months of unemployment this is a welcome change. He is working for a company in SLC called Sika Sarnafil, as their shipping manager (or something like that). This is really the only company that ever called for a second interview, which then turned into 6 or 7 interviews. In the short term this job is helping already with insurance, but we hope this will be a long term blessing and job as well. Scott has been so nervous his nerves have been a wreck since about Sunday! He had his coat and paperwork laid out, and last night was not exactly a full night's sleep!

This has been an interesting trial for our family. Of course it has been hard and frustrating at times, but at the same time I feel we've had a lot of growth as a family. As Scott put it, not many dad's get to spend 4 months 24/7 with their kids, and getting to know his kids as he has. Our marriage has grown in a lot of ways, and his relationship with T & E has grown too. We've had so many blessings given to us I can't even begin to name them. As much as a relief as this job is, I was sad to see him go too. I have gotten used to having him home as an extra set of hands, extra sleep, etc. We've also been able to do some fun things together we never would have been able to do otherwise.

So, I now get to used to life as a mom on my own again. I've kind of forgotten what that's like! I'm excited to see how the first day went! Congratulations Scott!

5 comments:

Micheline said...

It's a change to have them home so much - and a change to have them gone back to work again! Doug and I went through this 4 years ago - but his lasted for over 2 years. I know exactly what you mean about the help, kids, etc. I had also just gotten called to be RS president, so it was great having him home for that - and for when we had our little tag along, Carson. It's nice to have him back at work and a paycheck again!
Good luck with the job Scott!

♥ kimberly said...

The Lord has interesting ways of teaching and testing us, doesn't He? Congratulations to you all and good luck with the re-adjustment! Love you!

Lara said...

Congrats Scott! I'm sure he'll do great. It sounds like a great job for him.

Hannah Jones said...

Hope the first day was a good one and he grows to love the job!
Congratulations!!

Holyoak Family said...

Congratulations on the new job! I am sorry you will be missing naps ( 4 more years until Grey is in school and I get a nap!!!!) but I am glad Scott is working. Love ya