Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Rock Band New Years

Happy New Year! We hope you all had a great holiday season! We are not making any resolutions, but we have been doing a lot of "soul searching" and trying to find ways to improve. In our ward we have had some lessons and discussions on Pres. Monson's talk "Finding Joy in the Journey." We've made this one of our goals- find more joy in our day to day life, and focus on what is really important. It is a great talk- if you need a little boost, go read it. We've also talked about where we were spiritually 10 to 5 years ago. Look how far we/ you have come. What can I do this year to take myself even farther? So, nothing major, but I am excited for what this year can bring.



Now...... on to more fun things! We spent New Year's Eve (plus more) with my family playing one of the funner activities we've had in a while - ROCK BAND! Many of you may already be familiar to this, but we have a few new fans of it in our house. Lets just say you can be the best imaginary rock star ever in this game. Rock on!





Here's what the screen looks like telling you what to play- it's trickier then it looks

Oh look, a great photo from the 80's. Just kidding, it's a few of the Cowley Diva's before their live performance. Check your local station for when they are playing at a venue near you. Aren't they hot?

p.s. Trevor asked if he could have a star like aunt Kim

Brett, Scott, and Cora showing us what they're made of

As hard as I tried, I always ended up looking/ sounding/ being like Marie Osmond, dangit. I just can't pull off the rocker personality

Ooooh, check out these hot chicks! Kate looks like a natural

No, not the Partridge family. But the drummer was AWESOME- not really, I stunk

P.S. Lee, the spider man hat was a real nice touch

Cora always wanted to do vocals but you could never hear her over all the shouting/ encores, etc.


Our CD will be out soon, check it out!!!

4 comments:

Teri's Life said...

Oh - I wish there was a video of this!

Hannah Jones said...

Oh there is Teri!! I took it on my mini DV... I'll let you watch! Rachael was hilarious w/her Lawrence Welk-ish performances!
This was so much fun! I could rock for days!!!

Holyoak Family said...

What a bunch of HOTTIES! I am so glad I am related-remember us when you are famous!! What a great time!

Jessie said...

You guys look like such natural rock stars! Happy New Years!!!