Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fall 2009

* Author's note- sorry for the very long post, read at your own free time!



We started off our fall season with a day trip up the canyon over Labor Day. It was so beautiful, and perfect weather!

We visited Cascade Springs where I have never been before. It was the perfect length hike for the kids and the scenery was so nice. Leaves were just starting to change.



Then we got ready for Halloween. Trevor has been so excited for Halloween because of his costume. I tried to be a crafty mom and make it myself but once I priced all the pieces/parts to make it, it was cheaper to buy one. (and it looks 100 times better then I could ever make). This is how he had to paint his face for school since masks weren't allowed. He thought this was the coolest part and thought he was hot stuff. Until it dried out and started itching

Happy Halloween!
Modeling his turtle muscles
The whole shebang

Being a true girl Emma had several costume changes- weather being the deciding factor. For trunk-or-treating it was a bit chilly so she brought out our old tiger costume.
Then for indoors she was a fairy

I am just not that into carving pumpkins, so this year we tried painting them. I cut some pictures into contact paper, slapped the paper onto the pumpkins and let the kids do the painting. Emma's giving you a tutorial
the extent of my painting, but did get a lot of compliments
the kid's pumpkins
And no fall is complete without Scott's 8th child waving in the breeze. Please place your hand over your heart while viewing. Usually when I come home from work at 7 a.m. that thing (excuse me) that glorious flag is already in place greeting me. We've had a few ups and downs this year, but it still flies-- rain or shine. Emma's already a pro at cheering for her "toogah's"

So what's next? Well, I'm already discretely listening to Christmas music, eyeing the black Friday ads, and getting really excited for the holidays. We've already had a Christmas miracle- Scott put in our first Christmas CD! I love this time of year- not the gift shopping and madness, but the joy I feel, especially when I look at my nativity and tear up every time I think of Mary and her sweet baby. How would it be to be the mother of the Savior? Makes me realize (again) that I need to be a little softer and kinder with my own.
Happy fall!

3 comments:

♥ kimberly said...

I like Emma's tiger nose. And those are some very creative and cute pumpkins. Good idea, I'm stealing it. Can't wait to plan our attack in a couple weeks!

Megan said...

I like the idea of painting pumpkins versus carving -- now you can use them for pies, muffins, cookies, & other yummy fall treats! The wax paper stencil idea is brilliant, too.

I can't get over how much E reminds me of Teri when she was little. Cute costumed kids! =)

Teri's Life said...

Scott - Christmas music? I about passed out!

And I've been telling people that E is so cute because she looks like me. Guess I was right, huh! Thanks Megan!