Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Bump in the Night

Last night at about 1:00 Scott and I both woke up at the same time by what felt like a big rattle and the windows shaking. We both felt it was an earthquake. Turns out it was a 2.9 earthquake right close to our home! Then having the imaginitive mind I have, my mind starting racing about what could be happening- "Earlier in the day there was an earthquake in southern Utah, so are these small quakes leading up to a big one, was there a bigger one elsewhere and we're just feeling aftershocks, etc."
It took me a long time to fall back asleep because I was actually having an emergency prepardness evaluation with myself. Yes our emergency backpacks were close by, yes I know our 5 minute evacuation plan, but was I really ready to take care of my family if it really was an emergency? It was motivation enough to get myself (emergency preparedness wise) going again. Perhaps that's another New Year's goal to work on. Spooky!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

SCARY! I'm just glad nothing serious happened. I've never been in an earthquake so I can only imagine!

Megan said...

I'm impressed that your backpacks were close by and that you have a 5-minute evac plan! I'm glad you were all ok and that you didn't really have to use them.