Monday, January 18, 2010

November 2009

These aren't really in order, but hey, it's an update! Our November was wonderful and we were reminded how very blessed we are.

My family came to Utah for Thanksgiving, our little girl is growing up, and Christmas magic was just beginning. I am truly grateful for the material things I have, but even more so my family. They are the whole reason we're here!

We did our usual Black Friday mad dash which was a lot of fun!!! It was pretty successful and we learned a few things this year. 1) No matter how cheap the toy is ToysRUs is not worth it! 2) Walmart has good and bad. The good- you can do other shopping while you wait. The bad- you may not make it out alive. 3) Always go in large numbers of girls so you can spread out, we have the "mama bear" killer instinct for toys, and they always make it fun and worth the memories. Thanks girls!


We all headed to the mall just as Christmas season was beginning. We happen to be walking in right as Santa's helper was too. He even stopped and talked to the kids in the parking lot. We stood in line and were only about 3rd in line! That's the way to do it!

Here T and Z are proving they really were there before Santa even sat down!




Checking out all the sparkles and cool stuff in the display




T was pretty sure he was getting a rifle. I now know how's Ralphie's mom felt when he wanted a Red Rider BB gun with a compass in the stock. I'm quite sure he'd shoot his eye out.


Just before Thanksgiving- our pie making party. Lots of fun and the pies were excellent!!!






For a Christmas gift I needed a picture of the temple, so we went up while it was closed for cleaning. We were able to walk right up to it and all around. It was a great time for the kids to really see it up close and see Moroni, the neat windows and talk about what a special place it is.




I love this temple- it's were I went for myself and also where we were married. I don't think I really grasp how lucky we are to have so many so close.













And E turned the big 3! She was super excited and couldn't wait to finally have her very own birthday! She finally got her very own "packpack" full of little girl treasures.

















2 comments:

Lara said...

E us so cute! I love these pictures of her opening presents. (:

Megan said...

Fun pics! I loved seeing the Mt. Timp pics -- that's where we were married, too. =)