Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Nine Months

It is amazing to me how much growth, change, and learning can happen in nine months. It can impact one person and the entire family. It makes a child turn into a boy. That's what's happened over the past 9 months at our home.

T started kindergarten as a little boy, and came out a full blown boy. We debated sending him or not, and I am really glad we sent him. I am amazed at how much he has grown physically and intellectually. And now, SUMMER VACATION!!!! He has been waiting for this day for months. Frankly, I now have to learn to have 2 kids home 24/7. But I'm excited to have him home and spend more time with him.

On his last day of school his teacher asked everyone to dress up fancy. After a non-productive hour and 45 minutes school was officially out! He's really excited to be a first grader. Lunch at school, not the "babies" of the school, getting even smarter......yes, a first grader has it made. At dinner that night he declared, "Well, how does it feel not to have a kindergardner in your home anymore." I tried to display my "real sorrow", but also excitement that we were moving on.
T, you have become an awesome reader, a sharp thinker, and keep us on our toes constantly. We're so proud of you and all you have accomplished this year.

May 2010- the graduate

August 2009- the deer in the headlight look on both our faces

First day, looking a little overwhelmed while still trying to stay macho

The look of sheer joy- school's out!!!!

The certificate making it official

And E wanted you to know she's growing also
Now, after that title you weren't expecting a pregnancy post were you?! :)

4 comments:

♥ kimberly said...

Hooray! I love the questions and way he asks them. So funny. I miss you guys so much! I was thinking espcially about E the other day and want to hear her cute little voice. Have a super fun summer! Live it up, Trevor.

Teri's Life said...

If you were expecting, I'd be suing someone!

I can't believe how much he's grown up - and E, too!

Jessie said...

Congratulations to the graduate!

Hannah Jones said...

He's sure getting big! Congrats to a successful year in Kindergarten