Sunday, August 15, 2010

Batter Up!

I am starting with the beginning of our summer and working my way forward before I forget any more details. This summer we signed Trevor up for his first sports team- coach pitch baseball! We fortunately knew of someone coaching and put T on his team. Worked out great because T was actually a year younger then he should have been, but his team was full of other neighborhood kids all young too!

It was definitely a learning experience for several of us. T learned a few new skills, and Scott learned to let the kids just have fun rather then pounding fundamentals (he helped out at a few games). T's cheerleaders spent the games in blistering heat, or freezing cold in winter coats and blankets. Overall I think it was a fun experience for all of us, and a way to spend some time together. T spent a lot of time in the outfield goofing off, but I think he'll be an even better player next season. It was fun to watch all these little kids sliding in to home thinking they had saved the game. Great job T, it was a fun season!


Go Red Sox!

Look ma, I even got a new mitt!

Working on his swing

Ah, just missed it

2 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds like you were a good sport about it, too, Rachael! I'm glad T enjoyed his season -- the first of many to come, I'd venture. =)

♥ kimberly said...

Cuuute! I'm glad it was a good experience for the whole family.