Our family has a lot of upcoming changes. Eventually they will be good for our family, but will be a huge leap of faith for a while. It has been very hard to decide, but I know this is where we need to be.I am grateful for the gospel, that it can give us direction, as well as encouragement and hope. I can't imagine having to make life decisions like this without knowing that someone is watching out for us, or that things will work out ok. Just yesterday our lesson in Relief Society was on personal revelation and prayer- just what I needed to hear.
I would like to share a quote from a wonderful talk by Elder Boyd K. Packer. I am grateful to my mom for sending it to us when we really needed it. If you need a little encouragement, or just to know that someone else has been there, I encourage you to read his talk. It pertains to many different aspects of life's challenges. If you see me a little emotional (imagine that!) in the next little while I'm fine, my testimony is just being stretched. Thank you all for your kind words during this transition- it means a lot.
"Put your homes in order. If mother is working outside of the home, see if there are ways to change that, even a little. It may be very difficult to change at the present time. But analyze carefully and be prayerful. Then expect to have inspiration, which is revelation. Expect intervention from power from beyond the veil to help you move, in due time, to what is best for your family." Do Not Fear, Ensign, May 2004
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing I just reread the talk, I like these two quotes: "I counsel you to have faith. Things have a way of working out.." "Life will not be free from challenges, some of them bitter and hard to bear. We may wish to be spared all the trials of life, but that would be contrary to the great plan of happiness, “for it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things” (2 Ne. 2:11). This testing is the source of our strength."
I don't know what it is you are going through but when you said 'your faith is being stretched' I just wanted to let you know that it's true, our faith will be stretched, just know that it will never be stretched so much that it will break, never. We can get through anything with the Lord's help.
Rachael-
You are an inspiration to me! thank you for sharing.
I think the greatest test of faith is to take that first step into the darkness of the unknown, with the belief that the Lord will bless you.
You've taken your first step.. and it seems okay!!
Congrats on the new job and the fun adventures that await you and the kids!!!
Post a Comment