Monday, May 19, 2008

Hidden Talents

In many ways Scott is like Shrek. You peel an onion, you find many layers! One of Scott's many hidden talents is that in his rebellious years he worked with a brick mason (or something like that.) So, this weekend he gathered up all the leftover bricks used to build our house, and spruced up our back patio area. I'm so proud of him! He did great, especially down on his knees after knee surgery!
Trevor doing his best as the wing man. He was a great "helper"!







Here's the final product. It will now serve as a patio for the bbq grill and glamorous recycling cans. It sure beats a forelorn weed patch!




Maybe it's the whole male/female difference, but I would have just slapped those bricks down. Scott was careful enough to alternate whole and half bricks, and the result is great! He even knew how to chop the bricks in half just using a hammer. Who knows what talent he'll reveal next!


4 comments:

Tiffani said...

Hmmm.... I'm sure I could come up with some projects to discover his talents faster... it's an open ended offer lol! It looks awesome though!!

xoxo

Teri's Life said...

He gets his talent from me =)

♥ kimberly said...

That looks great! I bet it's a nice addition to your home.

Hannah Jones said...

Okay- first of all: MOM, why do you comment on Rachael's blog and not mine?? I get it.. she's the favorite.
Second of all: the patio looks awesome.
Third of all: I think you should blog Scott's "concoctions" and how to make them, step-by-step like The Pioneer Woman.
The world wants to know!!