Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Some Guilty Confessions

I am airing some dirty laundry here, I hope you'll still be my friends after reading this.

1) I am judgemental. I really wish I wasn't so much, but it just happens. Call it my natural
state. I am constantly trying to give people more benefit of the doubt.

2) I just watched the last part of Michael Jackson's memorial. I in no way intended to watch this
but I was folding laundry, and my sister said it was good. I blame her.

As I was watching his memorial I was reminded how quickly I assume a lot of people outside the church to be "Wicked" for lack of a better word. Maybe I'm just too surrounded by members and don't see that many non-members very often. Anyways, several of the speakers made comments that left me thinking " Huh, I believe that too" and was really caught off guard. For example- Smokey Robinson (don't know the man or music but he fit in) was commenting how many blessings he had received in his life, and how he knows that his (MJ's) family will see him again. There were several other comments but I can't remember them now. Call me naive, but I thought only members spoke like that! I have really been in Utah too long! :)

To make a long story short I was reminded again today:
- I am really not a big Michael Jackson fan
-Celebrities are really bad actors (ie Usher)
- That deep down most of us are all really good people who love our families, have hope for a better life on the other side, and really do love our family members despite all of our quirks and bad habits.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to mopping the floor so my hubsand doesn't think I do nothing but watch bad celebrity actors

No comments: