Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tour De Loop

There must be a bit of magic in biking world air- Lance Armstrong returns to the Tour de France, E learns to push the pedals, and T is finally riding a two wheeler! Even that very morning he was still so sure he was "never" going to ride a two wheeler. "You can just pull me in the trailer, and when I get too big I will use my feet to help push you." Nice.

So yesterday I made him ride around on the grass/padding to try and get used to it. Finally he headed for the sidewalk and made it to the stop sign at the end of our corner several times. He said, "I'll ride all the day long on the sidewalk as long as the grass padding is next to me. " I guess one step at a time. The same night E finally gets how to push the pedals. She usually just tippy toes herself around on her bike. I was so excited, I'm sure the whole neighborhood heard me squealing! Congrats to both of you, I'm so proud of you and excited for two wheelin' bike rides!!!

5 comments:

Hannah Jones said...

Emma looks a teensy bit proud of herself!!!
yippee! Trevor, way to go! I'm so excited for you!

Jessie said...

Good job on the bikes kids. We're excited to see everyone at the reunion.

Megan said...

What a great accomplishment for them both!

Sara said...

So cute!!

Nicole said...

Cute Trevor, saying as long as there is grass next to him he will ride on the sidewalk. That will probably change soon enough huh? And yay for Emma, big girl!